Making sure you're getting the most out of your IT systems and technologies will enable your team to deliver better service and improve efficiencies company-wide. Assessing your IT strategy can be a challenge, but asking yourself, or your team, the following questions can provide valuable insight into the effectiveness of your IT service, and whether it might be time for a change.
1. Do you consider your current IT systems a good strategic fit for your business operations?
2. Are you confident your business can successfully deliver end-to-end digital services for your customers? If you answered no, is this because you have concerns over your data? Are your business processes not fully aligned, or are your systems not integrated?
3. Do you have the right IT team in place to ensure your business strategy is realised?
4. Are projects started and rarely finished, drag on too long, or are not meeting the needs of the business?
5. Do your IT systems and infrastructure enable your workforce to work from any location? If not, do you know why? Is it down to your infrastructure, your systems, concerns over security, etc.
6. Is the data in your systems adding value to your business operations? If not, why are you collecting it? Do you know what data you're collecting, why you're collecting it, how it's used, and the value it provides to your business?
7. Are your business processes aligned? Is there harmony throughout the business, with processes adding value? Do departments operate in silos? If there is a siloed approach, do you know if this a result of your IT systems?
8. Do you understand how digital transformation would benefit your business as a whole? If not, then you may benefit from having some blue sky visioning sessions.
If these sound like familiar problems, you may benefit from commissioning an independent review of your IT systems and strategy to dig deeper into the challenges you face and come up with a plan to address them.
Shaw Consulting are specialists in IT consultancy for the social housing and care sectors. We operate entirely independently from suppliers, meaning that we will work with your internal teams to identify the most appropriate systems for your business and help you implement a successful and effective strategy.
If you would like to discuss your current IT service, please contact us via the website or request a Skype call and our expert consultants will be happy to help.