South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a registered social landlord providing just under 4,000 homes for rent and delivering specialist care services to customers who are located in a further 1,700 properties. SYHA operates throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
SYHA Care and Supported Housing division were using paper-based systems and manual processing of information. The business recognised that there was a better way of working, but required an independent review of how IT could support the business by delivering a more efficient service.
Shaw worked alongside the in house IT team to carry out a comprehensive review of the IT systems in use at SYHA. The project included the:
- Review of the current structures and costs
- Review of systems used by Care and Supported Housing
- Review of the working practices
- Looking at the different IT device options for mobile working
- Looking at the future technologies/systems they could use
- Creating four costed options which looked at the efficiency gains these options could deliver to the business.
- Making a recommendation and detailing the next steps.
Shaw acted as a trusted advisor, helping with the investigations (meetings and workshops with staff), developing the cost models, structuring the report and developing and analysing the options.
We analysed the current ways of working, interviewing staff across the care and support service. This resulted in a baseline of how the service is delivered and the costs of the current service. Based on this baseline we compared the strengths and weaknesses of four different options. We reviewed the different IT systems, the mobile working solutions and the different device options. As a result of this analysis, we identified the cost savings each option could provide and the business benefits that would be delivered.