Pennaf Housing Group is a registered social landlord that manages more than 5,500 affordable homes throughout North and Mid Wales. They are a £29m turnover, charitable business employing over 554 people.
Over the last few years Pennaf Housing Group has expanded and, as a result, the IS and IT strategy needed to be updated to reflect the changing business requirements.
Shaw developed a group information system (IS) and information technology (IT) strategy that focused on examining both the strategic and operational delivery of IS services.
The IS and IT strategy was designed to assist Pennaf in developing a longer term vision for information systems and information technology over five years, both of which complemented and supported Pennaf's overall corporate business plan.
As part of Shaw's project methodology, a consultation exercise was undertaken with the senior management team, staff and the customers. The purpose of this consultation was to assess the current position of the IT applications, IT technology and the IT service.
The results from these consultation exercises were incorporated within this Group IS and IT strategy and communicated and agreed with the project team. Shaw approached the project in the following way:
- A review of the information provided;
- A survey was sent to all staff to find out their views on the current IT applications and technology in use;
- Telephone interviews with two board members were conducted to gain their views of how IT is used at Pennaf;
- A workshop with the resident focus group was ran to understand their experiences of dealing with Pennaf over the telephone and via the IT systems e.g. website; and
- Interviews were held with senior managers to gain an understanding of the business and service plans and how IT could support the delivery of them.
Using the above information we detailed our understanding of the current service and the improvements required and presented these findings at the mid-point review.
Based on the feedback received at the mid-point review we developed a group IS and IT strategy that was signed off by the management team.
Pennaf Housing Group now has a group IS and IT strategy that provides a prioritised list of projects detailing both the estimated costs and resource requirements for the next five years (2013–2018).