Muir Group Housing Association (Muir Group) was founded in 1968 and was formally registered as a housing association with the Housing Corporation in 1976. Muir Group's head office is in Chester with three offices in Blackpool, Burnley and Huntingdon.
Muir Group's existing housing management system (Context) from Civica wasn't enabling the business to deliver an efficient and customer focused service. They approached Shaw to provide them with an independent review of the Housing Systems market and work with them to develop a systems strategy.
In 2014, Shaw Consulting carried out a market analysis of Housing and Asset Management Systems for Muir Group as part of their review of their existing HMS & AMS systems. This analysis and accompanying strategic report was a key factor in gaining Exec and Board approval for Muir's decision to replace their existing HMS with Cx.
In 2016, Shaw Consulting lead a review and procurement exercise of Muir's requirement for a new AMS system, which resulted in Exec and Board approval for the procurement of Keystone AMS to replace Muir's existing AMS. The tight integration between Cx and Keystone, together with Keystone's high level of functionality and overall market share were the deciding factors in this decision.
Muir Group went live with Cx in October 2016 and are now in the process of upgrading to the latest version of Cx. Muir Group went live with Keystone core modules in June 2017 and are now in the process of implementing further Keystone modules. Muir Group's intention is to implement all Keystone modules during 2017/18 and have them fully integrated to Cx.
The benefits achieved to date include:
- Data validation & cleanse – major effort put into validating all property / tenancy details pre-implementation
- Standardisation of business process
- Focusing business on addressing legacy processes 'not fit-for-purpose'
- Standardisation of Customer Communications
- Automatic storing of customer communications in EDM system (Docuware)
- Beginning to monitor KPIs against Customer Charter
- Reporting taken directly from Cx, rather than spreadsheets
- Beginning to break down existing functional and system silos
- Integration of teams, more use of Cx, less use of email and spreadsheets
- Integration of systems – Cx and Docuware, (Keystone asset details visible in Cx post June 2017)
- Mobile working
- Access to Cx on iPad
- Using mobileiron web@work app to ensure security and ease of access to Cx